Sunday, October 26, 2014

My weekend with the boys

Ever since I got back from Galax, it has been crazy busy on the farm so I apologize for taking so long in posting the event.
Our time at the Matthrews Living Museum was a blast. I wish I could have stayed Sunday as well but I needed to get back to work.

This is Rebecca Austin with her Durham oxen. We spent time working them in the field. Driving them by practicing the commends the oxen have been trained with.



I was very proud of Breis and Fryer because they seemed to be comfortable being around other cattle. When we arrived it was around 8:30 in the morning. I pulled Breis and Fryer from the trailer and Kathryn pulled Fi and Asha and we yoked them up immediately. Drove them down to the workshop and introduced ourselves to all the teamsters and trainers.
After we warmed up our teams, I tried Breis and Fryer on pulling their plow. They did alright. Just went too fast.



Fi and Asha were a big hit. The children there wanted to spend all their time with these boys. Ezra enjoyed showing them how it was done.







No comments:

Post a Comment