Thursday, June 19, 2014


Hi Everybody. I wanted to let you know that I will be changing internet services so I will not be posting new stuff on the boys until I get back online. Please feel free to e-mail me at breisfryer@gmail.com or alliesturgill@gmail.com

The biggest event that has been going on lately is I have been very involved in learning about cattle hoof trimming. I went to a one day workshop on how to trim cow hooves and towards the end of the year I hope to attend a three day workshop in Wisconsin.
The reason for wanting to understand the cow's claw and how to take care of them is I want to trim the Jersey cows here on the dairy but also learn how to have metal shoes put on the boys to be able to walk on rough surfaces like the sharp gravel roads here on the farm.
I think the hardest part for me raising and training Breis and Fryer to become a team of Oxen has been Nutrition and Hoof care. You all know that in my past blogs, the boys have had there share of hoof trouble. Hopeful I will educate myself on the subject and become a good hoof trimmer. I look forward in sharing my education with all of you.
Stay toned. Breis and Fryer and I will be back soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment