Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fryer's Feet

Hey everybody. I have had to give Fryer a rest for a little bit. His hooves have been giving him some trouble due to having soft soles.With all the moisture from rain, when cattle are on pasture their hooves soften to the point that walking on hard surfaces like gravel roads are very painful. I have put the boys in the barn to allow their feet to stay dry and harden up. I wanted to ask if anyone knows oxen hoof care that could give me some advise on what to do for Breis and Fryer's feet. My biggest problem is that the boys spend a lot of time on pasture but when it is time to work, they are usual on hard ground. I wonder if I should consider shoes. If anyone has experience in this I would love to know what you think. Thanks.






No comments:

Post a Comment