Thursday, October 15, 2015

Sanborn Mills

I have another opportunity to learn more about oxen and working with them. My original trainer at Sanborn Mills Farm (www.sanbornmills.org) Tim Huppe will be taking time out to work on my skills and advanced training as a teamster. I will be heading to Loudon, New Hampshire this November 4th - 6th to work with his farm Oxen.
We will be doing a bit of logging,  improving my skills on hitching options, and we will be working with his single ox. I am very excited about the single ox because when you are in thick woods a single ox makes moving around and pulling logs a bit easier due to the tight surroundings.
I am hoping the weather won't be too cold that it makes me whine. ; - )

I'll bring back pics and videos to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment